Sunday, August 15, 2010

Free VS paid antivirus? What is your opinion? just a poll, hope i get many answers.?

We all have been using anti-virus softwares on our pcs whether free or paid.



And heres my experience......



I have used free anti-virus and spyware such as avast,avg,spybot search and destroy,spyware doctor,spysweeper,ad-aware and many more.Most of them slowed down my pc's performance and i dont know why?.Also they were not effective enuff to protect the pc for simple fact i had to reformat my pc due to virus attacks on prior instances.



On the other hand i am currently using paid versions of kaspersky and Norton on my pc's and honestly i feel they are working good for me.I dont know why but many people hate norton but from my personal experience i find it very easy, effective and trustworthy.Also its not making my pc slow.Likewise with kaspersky, infact it has made my pc work faster than ever.



What do you think, guys?



Free VS paid antivirus? What is your opinion? just a poll, hope i get many answers.?moto guzzi



I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from http://www.download.com/ I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment