Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I completely forgot my password to my computer?

Im the computer administrator but i cant login, im trying to install my anti-virus software but i cant unless i log in as the computer administrator. What do I do to remove the password???



I completely forgot my password to my computer?house call



If you have lost or forgetten the XP administrator password, first reboot Windows XP in safe mode by re-starting the computer and pressing F8 repeated as the computer starts up. Then (in safe mode) click Start and then click Run. In the open box type ''control userpasswords2'' without the quotes.



You will now have access to all the user accounts, including the administrators account and will be able to reset the lost password.



Just click the administrators user account, and then click Reset Password.



You will need to add a new password in the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and confirm by clicking OK.



All done, you have recovered the lost administrators password!



I completely forgot my password to my computer?matchless



I highly recommend using the program in my sources link. Just download it, and burn it to a blank CD-R. Boot off of it, and then it will crack your password for you. I've used it for many friends of mine that forget their log on passwords....very handy.
Click Start%26gt;Run. Type ''cmd'' and hit Enter. In the command prompt window type ''net user administrator mypassword'' (to change the password on the Administrator account). Click Start%26gt;Log Off%26gt;Log Off. Now hit Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and type ''Administrator'' for username and ''mypassword'' for password. You now have access to the Administrator account in XP. From here you can change all passwords by clicking Start%26gt;Run and typing ''control userpasswords2''.



If you can't change the password for Administrator using the above method, you can open a command prompt window and type the following:



cd \windows\system32



ren utilman.exe utilman.old



copy cmd.exe utilman.exe



Log off and press WinKey+U. A command prompt window should appear; now type ''net user administrator mypassword''. Close the command prompt window and log in as Administrator, then follow the instructions above for changing your password.
ask the person you stole the computer from

No comments:

Post a Comment