Friday, August 20, 2010

Having troubles with Firefox?

This is directly from the page, once I downloaded the browser:



--



Server not found



Firefox can't find the server at en-us.www.mozilla.com.



* Check the address for typing errors such as



ww.example.com instead of



www.example.com



* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.



* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.



I know for sure that the first two are not the case. I don't, however, remember quite how to allow Firefox to access the web. If someone could give me a quick step-by-step process to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. (: Thank you!



PS: If it helps any, I have Norton as my anti-virus software.



Having troubles with Firefox?viruses



Firefox isn't the problem as I get to it fine, either the site was down or its your web connection (though it will be a problem if you actually have that last full stop in the address bar)



Having troubles with Firefox?antispam



OH MY GOD,not another Norton user.



Sorry,but Norton is such a resource hog



So you have any type of Firewall?



If you do,you must allow Firefox access to the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment