Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Read Disk Error Occurred. Press Ctrl+Atl+Delete to restart.?

I install the Norton Anti-virus software on my computer and it froze. I knew that I had to reimage the computer. While doing so, I keep getting the read disk error. I went into the boot sequence and put the cdrom and hdd in the 1st and 2nd position. Still having the same effect. I even tried installing the OS with a floppy and I'm still having the same problem. I checked the data cable to see if it was kinked and it's laying fine. What else could it be?



A Read Disk Error Occurred. Press Ctrl+Atl+Delete to restart.?computer



I know you probably paid for it and all but get rid of Norton and download the free antifvirus program AVG by grissoft. read up on the guy that developed it. He's more interested in stopping hackers and virus' than making money.



Norton screws up more computers than it helps. McCafe (sp?) too.



You'll probably end up having to format the c: drive and start from scratch. I've seen more people have to do this after they've installed those 2 programs than any other program out there.



A Read Disk Error Occurred. Press Ctrl+Atl+Delete to restart.?free spyware



Try clean install your operating system. (reformat your hard drive before installation).



If the problem persists then you should replace your hard drive. Hard drives usually have a lifetime of 5 years.
why dont you try formating the hard drive, and install the operation system all over again?
You need to replace the harddrive. Something corrupted it. The disk read error usually mean that either your hard drive controller is bad or the hard drive is bad. I would just replace the hard drive and that will more then likely fix your problem

No comments:

Post a Comment