Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is my PC (Windows XP) not shutting down properly?

I always put it on Standby rather than Shutdown but recently it either refuses to turn off, or else does but then mysteriously turns back on again a few minutes later. But with the latter I can't see anything on the monitor.



I've tried rebooting by pressing the button on the front of the PC, but that doesnt work. The only way I can get it to work again is to turn it off and on again at the plug.



I do have up to date anti virus software and have scanned recently - nothing found



Why is my PC (Windows XP) not shutting down properly?product key



Do you have adware/spyware ? My PC was doing the same thing took it to a Teck Shop he installed AdwareLavasoft (free verision) and its running and shutting down great



Why is my PC (Windows XP) not shutting down properly?triumph



Go to Control Panel, Power Options and check the settings under each tab. If you make any changes, click Apply and then clik OK. A reboot may be required to ensure the settings stick.
Force shut down by holding down power button



  • favorite shampoo conditioner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment