Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the oldest personal computer anyone has, that is still in regular use?

Mine is a 1997 Windows 95 machine, 200MHz processor, upgraded the memory from 32MB to 128MB about 6 years ago, still going strong although had to retire it from internet use this year due to difficulty getting anti-virus software. I'm guessing there are plenty of you who can top that.



What is the oldest personal computer anyone has, that is still in regular use?symantic



we'll some of them have really old pc's but are not in use anymore.....



I still have my i486dx processor pc having 8mb memory, 2gig western digital caviar HDD and an ATImach32 vcard...



My dad bought it for me when I was a teen way back 1995...and now, my 4yr. old son is using it for ms-dos based games on win95 like bats, pipesdream etc..



I maintained it very well that's why it's still in good condition..



thanks man, it's good you still have your pc..



What is the oldest personal computer anyone has, that is still in regular use?viruses



My brother still uses a Sinclair ZX 80!!!
LAX air traffic controller computers run on vacuum tubes.
is a commondore 64 considered old?
I had a Sharp MZ-700 once, unfortunately it went to a relative who lives relatively far away... as far as I'm aware it still functions, but its unlikely to be in regular use anymore... since then I have had many IBM Compatible PC's which we mostly nowerdays just call PC's which have consistantly been upgraded... my previous components often tend to end up with other family members...
the comps at my school are prehistoric lol
Pentium 2 with 128MB ram, a 32MB video card and a 40GB hard drive and 32x CD ROM.
abacus
I have a museum piece lol. A brand new in the box Amiga 3000 25 MHz 50M HD 2M SRAM. I bought it in 1991 and then got sick and couldn't get to use it. Even though I loved the technology at the time (it was light-years ahead of PCs), it's an orphan now.



I'm keeping it just because it's still so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment