Friday, August 20, 2010

I need to turn off my routers security of something.....?

Ok I play halo 1 on my computer a lot but i got a new wireless router and now it wont let me host any games. If i switch back to my old one which is just a modem with output for 1 computer it will let me host, but i need the wireless router cuz there are more computers in the house, but it wont let me host. i think its cuz theres some security on the router that is stopping me. so i need to turn it off. i have a windows firewall and stuff on my computer along with my own anti virus software and i have made sure that they make excetpions for halo, its only when i hook up the router that i have problems, so how do i fix it. help me out im stressing out here.



I need to turn off my routers security of something.....?noton



Microsoft has some tips:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829469



I do not know your router interface but these ports need to be un-blocked to play:



By default, Halo connects to the Internet through the following ports: 鈥?80 (Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)) 鈥?Auto-update looks for and downloads updates through this port.



鈥?2302 (User Datagram Protocol (UDP)) - Game host listens on this port.



鈥?2303 (UDP) - Game client connects to host through this port.



Hope that helps



I need to turn off my routers security of something.....?stinger



By unblocked, he means that you need to enable those ports in the port forwarding section of your router interface, which can likely be accessed by typing in your gateway ip address into your web browser's address bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment