Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Problem starting up my computer?

I had just installed AVG (a free anti-virus software) on my computer and had to reboot. However, while the computer was starting, a DOS menu came up with the message: ''Warning: windows has detected a registry/configuration error. Choose, Command prompt only, and run SCANREG.'' When I tried to type in the commands ''SCANREG,'' ''SCANREG /FIX'' and ''SCANREG /RESTORE,'' none of them worked. It just says ''bad command or file name.'' Since it wasn't working, I decided to restart my computer (the wrong way, since the task manager also wasn't working) to see if it would load properly, and it didn't. So now my computer is not working. I tried to go into Safe Mode and fix it but I constantly would get the message ''This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down'' and I have no choice but to press ''close.'' Any suggestions on what I should do?



Problem starting up my computer?free anti virus



If u have an original windows disk run it and select repair.



Problem starting up my computer?internet security software



I suspect you are using win98, if you are I suggest you upgrade NOW. I have had this issue with avg in windows 98 and thats not a good combo. Your problems are just beginning if in fact you are using windows 98'



  • favorite shampoo conditioner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment