Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My new PC crashed - blue error screen?

My computer crashed because I tried to uninstall the OEM anti virus software. I have Windows XP Media Centre Edition. Now the PC keeps starting upto the 'Welcome' screen and when logging on, it states ''starting your personal settings'' then goes off and re-starts and repeats the process. I cannot access the recovery console nor boot from the recovery CD. I only set up this PC last night. Can somebody please help advise me how I can resolve this in very simple steps? Thank you.



My new PC crashed - blue error screen?antivirus



You can try booting in safe mode. to do this you need to press a function button. it is usually f8. some times its f2, it depends on the computer. when you first turn on the computer press f8 continually ti it brings up the screen where it asks you how you want to boot. you must start pressing the button as soon as you start the computer because most of the time it will go so fast you you will miss the chance. if you do manage to boot in to safe mode. you need to try to remove the software that is causing problems for your computer. uninstall every thing that you have installed. if all this still doesn't work there could be a bad sector on the harddrive. and this is bad. theres nothing you can do with a bad sector on the harddrive except send it back.



My new PC crashed - blue error screen?computer

No comments:

Post a Comment