Friday, August 20, 2010

What does it mean when a balloon just popped up in my bottom right taskbar saying my virtual memory

it said it was increasing space for page files or something and then went away, is it something I need to worry about. As an FYI, I recently installed a new Norton Anti-virus software.



What does it mean when a balloon just popped up in my bottom right taskbar saying my virtual memory is low?norton ghost



First uninstall Norton's, it's a scar on your computer. Get something free like Avast, AVG, and/or Windows Defender.



Now, to adjust your virtual memory:



go to control panel:



System, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory



You can now adjust your virtual memory. Move it up just a little bit. The best thing to do, though, would be to not use as many programs at once. That's what eating up your memory.



What does it mean when a balloon just popped up in my bottom right taskbar saying my virtual memory is low?software



Ususally it means that there are too many items starting up when you start your computer. Check your tray (over by the clock) and change when the program starts.
Sounds like it might be time to run your defrag program. After I did that I had 1/3 more memory on my laptop.
Hello:



Virtual memory is your memory paging file. That's the file is uses to extend your physical RAM. It's usually called ''pagefile.sys'' and is located, normally, at the root of your system drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment