Friday, August 20, 2010

My computer turns itself on and off repeatedly on it's own so now I have to unplug it. What&#03

It happened once about a month ago, it shut itself down. I restarted it, then turned it off and didn't think much more of it. Last weekend I was listening to music when everything on my desktop shut down and then the shut down screen came up. I thought it was odd that it told me it was shutting down. I tried restarting it but it just goes on and off, never to the point of fully restarting.



I opened the box and blew all the dust out, and I held down the power button to restart it and it's still having fits. I'm afraid that is the end of my computer expertise.



This computer is a Gateway pc and its 2 years old with Windows XP Home Edition. It hasn't been connected to the internet in about 8 months, but I do use a jump drive that has touched the internet. And I do have current Symantec Anti-virus software, current from 8 months ago.



So...help...please. Is this a simple fix, like maybe a stuck button or cable, or should I take it in...and where is a good place to take it?



My computer turns itself on and off repeatedly on it's own so now I have to unplug it. What's wrong?!?adware remover



The first time you turn on your computer, does it turn on all the way? Then shuts off after a few minutes?



If this is the case, your processor might be running too hot. It could be a loose heater core (heat sink) or a blown cooling fan. If this is the case, your computer shuts down to prevent further damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment