Friday, August 20, 2010

Could anyone help with a canon pixma mp500 please?

I have installed the driver but the on screen manual is missing all the illustrations. After reading installation instructions more carefully it says to install succesfully I need to temorarily turn off my anti virus software which is Norton and came free with my BT broadband package. How do I do this. Thanks in advance.



Could anyone help with a canon pixma mp500 please?windows



Hi,



What I do (and always seems to work) is to right click the little icon in the bottom right of the task bar that denotes Norton anti-virus (can be either a yellow globe or a yellow disc with a stethoscope in it). Right clicking gives you the option of disabling auto-protect, which is what you want to do. You then get a warning and a changeable period of time that auto protect will stay off. As soon as you have completed your task just repeat the process and reenable, you don't have to wait for the time to run out.



I think the BT Yahoo Norton version is slightly different. I'm sure the full version (I used to have) let you switch it off from the protection centre window.



Could anyone help with a canon pixma mp500 please?antivirus download



make sure u r not online when u r turning off your Firewall etc (important). I know someone who forgot to do so and had the PC infected.



To turn off a firewall etc, first go offline then just right click on the firewall icon e.g. and select exit.



After u have installed the printer successfully, re-start your PC and it should picks up the firewall and virus checkers again. Once u know they r on, u could go online again. Good Luck!
Make sure you're not on line. Right click on the little ''quick start'' icons for the firewall and a/v down at the bottom right %26 select Exit.



Once you're done with the installation, and have rebooted don't forget to turn 'em back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment