Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I keep getting a DRWatson error on my PC, what is it?

Everytime I right click my desktop and use certain applications I get this error and my PC freezes.



I am on windows XP Proffesional and use Norton as my anti virus software.



Anyone who can help me cure this will be first to get a best answer, thanks.



I keep getting a DRWatson error on my PC, what is it?computer security



Hi,



Dr. Watson is a program debugger and evidently doesn't like the applications you are trying to use. To disable it you must go into the Windows registry and disable it. Go to Start, Run and type ''regedit'' without the quotes. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, scroll down to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio... There should be an entry named Auto of the type REG_DWORD. Set the value to 0 to disable and 1 to enable. Save the file and exit. Hopefully Dr. Watson will now leave you alone.



I keep getting a DRWatson error on my PC, what is it?free spyware remobal



We had that in work. Turned out it was caused by a Trojan. We now use two Spyware programs simultaneously a catch all of these imposters. Try Macaffe or something else aswell as Norton.
Well in as much as you would have solved the problem by removing the Dr Watson program, I would suggest you remove Norton first. My experiance with Norton has been that at time it conflicts with the operating system for system resources; thereby causing the memory to be OVERWHELMED - it freezes the computer. Norton is also a disk utility program and it tries to manage resources just like an operating system. Remove it and see what happens. If that solves your problem try using another antivirus for you can surely not do without protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment