Friday, August 20, 2010

When powering up my computer, it takes forever to get to my desktop. Whats up?

I have a 2.6 ghz Dell computer with 1000+ MB ram. When I select my desktop from the others, it takes usually 3+ mins to load. Hard drive is running constantly and the hourglass pops on and off all the time by the cursor. Are there things I can do to speed up the loading of my desktop? I've ran the latest spyware and anti virus software. No problems there. Any help will be appreciated.



When powering up my computer, it takes forever to get to my desktop. Whats up?vincent



I had the same issue.



I took mine to a shop and he told me I had a lot of little things running in the background. Only one had the potential to be harmful but there were several taking up space on the memory and making the processor run more than it needed to.



You can safely run a desktop cleanup to eliminate stuff that is on the desktop that you have not used in a long time. Those things slow a pc down a lot.



I recommend you download Spybot and Adaware. They sometimes find ads and other stuff that isn't virus so it doesn't get found by anti-virus programs but those also keep our PC's too busy. Get rid of that junk and it should run considerably faster.



When powering up my computer, it takes forever to get to my desktop. Whats up?adware remover



You have too many programs trying to run at the same time. Go to Start%26gt;Run and type in MSCONFIG. Click Startup. Uncheck all the programs that you don't need to be turned on right when your computer starts up. If you aren't sure what the program is slide the file path all the way over so you can see it all and look for familiar names. Then save the changes and restart the computer to see if it made a difference. If not then keep unchecking til you are down to the bare minimum. 1000+MB RAM is probably being pretty fired up. Also uninstall any programs that you don't really need or update them because the case is sometimes that the newer versions are smaller.
Hit Ctrl Alt Del and look at task manager to see what is trying to run. I got rid of several programs that wanted to update whenever I started up my computer, and that helped a lot. Try this link http://www.bsu.edu/techtrain/article/0,,...
perhaps you have a lot of programs loading up when you switch to your desktop.



Tune-Up Utilities is a program which will allow you to control which programs run at start-up. you can get a trial version at.



http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-u...

No comments:

Post a Comment